Athlon is a fast-growing US-based company producing all kind of sports optics. Their products are ranging from an affordable price that is designed for occasional use, all the way up to expensive and professional products. On Shot Show I visited their booth to see the large selection of new and upgraded products.
Athlon presented 3 new binoculars, and one of them even has a built-in laser rangefinder. The new binoculars are designed for different purposes and because of that, they have different magnification ranges and objective lens diameters.
- Cronus 15x56 - for detailed observation of targets at great distances
- Cronus 10x50 LRF – Binocular with an integrated laser rangefinder that works up to 2000 yards (1830 meters) on reflective targets and up to 800 yards (730 meters) on deer-size targets
- Midas 10x25 – very small pocket binoculars that are easy to carry around and are not too big to store them in your backpack
Athlon presented some new reticles for their rifle scopes;
- Cronus BTR 1-6x24 with ATSR2 SFP IR MOA reticle,
- Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 with APRS1 FFP IR MIL reticle,
- Midas TAC 6-24x50 with APLR4 FFP MOA or APRS3 FFP MIL reticles,
- Helos BTR 1-4.5x24 with ATSR3 SFP IR MOA reticle
The company came up with 2 new rifle scopes in a new series – Midas BTR Gen. 2. They are available in 2 magnification ranges; Midas BTR Gen. 2 1-6x24 and Midas BTR Gen. 2 4.5-27x50. For a more detailed review, click here.
For competition shooters and ELR shooters, Athlon prepared a new tactical spotting scope with an integrated reticle positioned in the first focal plane. If you want to know more about it, click here.